Saturday, March 20, 2010

Healthcare: Forced Upon us All

Fees, taxes, prices have increased steadily for as long as I’ve been alive.  Government takes more and more of my paycheck to fund many things I don’t even agree with.  With this Healthcare bill being rammed through Congress, the government is about to take even more.  You and I will be forced to purchase health insurance if this bill passes, just the same way that Californians are forced to purchase auto insurance.  Think about that.

I cannot afford yet another bill.  Are not my finances my own?  Can I not in America decide as an independent man what expenses to take on and what expenses to avoid?  Do I not have the right to NOT get insurance, taking the risk upon myself to live without it?  Automobile registration fees are exorbitant (mine due this month is over $300).  I either pay the government, or my truck will be impounded.  So what of those who cannot afford another bill forced upon them, like health insurance?

Obama’s answer: those who cannot afford to pay the forced purchase price of the forced insurance will have to petition the government for ‘tax credits/subsidies’…  go to big government… kneel before the throne of our magistrates… beg for aid.  Is this America?  Is this your government?

*     *     *

Not only is the take-over-healthcare-we-force-you-to-pay-and-buy bill unconstitutional, contrary to the fundamental principles of liberty and personal freedom (not to mention state’s rights) upon which this country was built, but this is the way in which it’s being rammed through Congress:

Congressmen and women being bought and sold…

Haven’t the Obama-care advocates said time and again that this is about helping American citizens, about doing the right thing?  Didn’t Obama promise his supporters that he would bring Change to Washington?  With his Presidency were not the old ways of doing business on Capital Hill over?  Is this the Change you hoped for?

Is this your government?

[Via http://oddnotunusual.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment