Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hitting the fan

All of my stocks plummeted on the last day of trading before the weekend, and XRTX stopped out at 15. Rats! I lost $174 on that deal. Everything else is down, and I am worrying that Friday’s slide will continue on Monday, a phenomenon that is not uncommon.

Adding to my frustration is the fact that my car of 7.5 years just died, and I will have to replace it, meaning that I will need to make an emergency withdrawal directly from my stock funds. That sets me back in my quest for $2,000,000, and it sets me back in my plan to pay a sizeable portion of my credit card debt.

Just when I’m getting ahead, things like this happen! Shame on life! Well, I can’t let this get me down too much. There is simply too much at stake here.

Meanwhile, doomsday predictions about the stock market; articles with titles like “Has the Stock Market Party Come to an End?”

http://www.smartmoney.com/investing/stocks/has-the-stock-market-party-come-to-an-end/

Is this a cruel joke being played on me by an unforgiving universe? Am I doomed to be poor for the rest of my life?

Can Nicolas Darvas’s stock-picking method work even in a stagnant market?

For me, it all seems to be hitting the fan.

[Via http://streetstothemansion.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment