Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Will they throw you in jail with a 17% chance of getting raped if you don't pay?

“An early draft of the proposal set the penalty at $750 or $950 per year for single people, depending on income,” ….MSNBC.com

Meanwhile there was an armed foray into Somalia, killing and capturing a few folk, drones are dropping missiles in Pakistan, Afghanistan is a losing proposition and there are still troops and expensive mercenaries in Iraq.

If I was a young person I would look at this little problem.

I would ask, why did the big boys get bail outs and those banks going down for the count now, not?

Why did Chrysler and GM get all that money, screw over creditors and shareholders and Ford was able to survive so far on its own?

If I was a young person I would ask, “Now they want to fine me if I don’t have health insurance?”

If I were young, and even now, I would tell congress to take a hike.

The only people benefiting from these bills are lobbyists, politicians and of course, insurance companies who are laughing all the way to the bank, where they can deposit their new found wealth with Goldman Sachs or CitiGroup or Bank of America, which taxpayers have already bailed out.

Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment